Amateur radio has been in the news a lot lately, mainly because as we approach Field Day (which is this weekend!), clubs are encouraged to send press releases to local media. In fact, you get bonus points for sending out a press release.
Below, are a few of these stories. If your club hasn’t done this yet, there’s still time. Get them to come out to Field Day and publish a story afterwards. Be sure to tell reporters how readers and viewers can get in touch with your club.
- Fallbrook ‘hams’ get ready for Field DayHam
- Radio Capabilities on Display Next Weekend in Brewster
- Kingwood Field Day to showcase function of amateur radio
- Amateur Radio Club to present communications demonstration
- 24-hour Amateur Radio Field Day
- Amateur radio operators to participate innational Field Day
And, here are a few more amateur radio stories in the news that aren’t specifically about Field Day:
- Ham Radio Operators Use Morse Code To Commemorate Titanic Disaster
- Yakima County volunteer radio operators critical to emergency response
- Radio hobbyists get together atHamfest
The post Get some press for your club and earn Field Day points, too! appeared first on KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog.